- About Us
- Sign up
1. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj Condemns Tehran Terrorist Attack, Tehran, 7 June 2017
In a prescheduled telephone conversation with Foreign Minister of Iran H.E. Dr. Mohammad Javad Zarif, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj condemned today's terrorist attacks on institution of democracy and spirituality in Tehran. She offered sincere condolences on loss of innocent lives and expressed solidarity with the people and the government of Iran. Source: Embassy of India, Tehran
2. Cabinet approves Bilateral MoU between India and Iran, New Delhi, 7 June 2017
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and Securities and Exchange Organization (SEO), Iran in relation to mutual cooperation on matters pertaining to securities markets.
The MoU is likely to promote further development of economic links and cooperation between the two regulators, and aims at creating conditions for an effective development of securities markets in the two countries. It would also contribute towards strengthening the information sharing framework between the two countries. It is expected to add value to overseas mutual cooperation and regulation activities of SEBI and SEO, Iran.
The MoU is expected to contribute towards strengthening the information sharing framework between SEBI and SEO, Iran. Source: Press Information Bureau, New Delhi
3. The Prime Minister of India congratulates the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, H.E. Dr. Hassan Rouhani on his victory' , Tehran, 8 June 2017
4. The first official Parliamentary delegation from India, led by Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, S.S Ahluwalia, visited Israel, Tel Aviv, 4 June 2017
In advance of the Indian Prime Minister’s visit to Israel expected soon, the first official Parliamentary delegation from India, led by Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, S. S Ahluwalia, visited Israel on 4-5 June 2017. Apart from Ahluwalia, 10 MPs representing 9 political parties from both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha, were part of the delegation.
In their meeting with Yuli Edelstein, the Speaker of the Israeli Parliament (Knesset) on June 4, views were exchanged on the vital role of Parliament in building relations between countries, especially in vibrant democracies like India and Israel. MOS Ahluwalia and Speaker Edelstein agreed on the need for countries to work together to combat the menace of terrorism, which was afflicting countries across the world. MOS Ahluwalia also invited Speaker Edelstein to visit India. The delegation was also briefed on bilateral relations by the Political Director of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs on June 4.
Following the delegation’s visit to Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Jerusalem, Minister Ahluwalia wrote that “the museum is a “living symbol of forbearance and a warning to future generations that such instances should never make their way into human history”.
The delegation had a number of field visits on June 5 to familiarize themselves with some of the technologies that have made Israel famous in the world. These included a visit to the autonomous car technology company “Mobileye” which was recently bought by Intel for more than $15 billion. Israel has now become the centre for R&D in the area of autonomous car technology. The delegation also saw the latest water solutions for precision farming at the Kibbutz Naandan Jain, and also visited Israel’s largest water desalination plant at Sorek, south of Tel Aviv. The delegation also witnessed a plenary session of the Knesset and had a useful exchange with a few other members of the Knesset on June 5. Source: Embassy of India, Tel Aviv
5. Visit of Prime Minister to Israel (July 4-6, 2017), New Delhi, 28 June 2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Israel from 4-6 July 2017, at the invitation of H.E. Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of the State of Israel. This will be the first ever visit of an Indian Prime Minister to Israel.
During the visit, the Prime Minister will have detailed discussions with Prime Minister Netanyahu on all matters of mutual interest and will also call on President Rivlin. Elements of his programme include homage to Indian soldiers at the Indian Cemetery in Haifa and address to the Indian community at an event in Tel Aviv.
India established diplomatic relations with Israel in 1992 and since then the relationship has evolved into a multi-dimensional partnership. This year both the countries are commemorating 25 years of diplomatic relations and the visit of P.M. will provide an impetus for deeper bilateral engagement in areas of mutual interest. Source: Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
6. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Israel on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India, New Delhi, 28 June 2017
The Union Cabinet in its meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi today approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India.
This will benefit the country in conserving water for future generations.
The two countries shall work to enhance cooperation at the national, regional and international level to design, implement and monitor a professionally-designed National Water Conservation campaign in India. The Ministries agree to jointly work on the water conservation campaign to achieve the following objectives:
a. Put water conservation on the national agenda in India
b. Encouraging every citizen to save water in everyday life
c. Generating awareness about water
d. Promoting Re-use, Recharge and Recycling of water
e. Development of digital tools such as websites, mobile applications on the subject of water conservation. Source: Press Information Bureau, New Delhi
7. Visit by Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chairman COSC & Chief of Naval Staff to Israel (12 to 15 Jun 17), New Delhi, 11 June 2017
India Israel relations date back to 17 September 1950, when India recognized the formation of Israel. Since the renewal of formal diplomatic relations in 1992, defines cooperation has been one of the main pillars of bilateral engagement between the two nations.
Defence relationship between the two countries, over the years, has matured into one of mutual trust and confidence. Indian has been importing critical defines technologies from Israel; in addition both the Armed Forces and MoD have been cooperating through the medium of Staff Talks, Joint Working Group (JWG) and exchange of high-level visits. The visit to Israel by Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chairman COSC & Chief of the Naval Staff from 12 to 15 June 17 is in continuation of such high level defines exchanges.
During his visit to Israel, Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chairman COSC & CNS is scheduled to hold bilateral discussions with Lt Gen Gadi Eisenkot, Chief of the General Staff, Israeli Defence Force, to explore avenues for greater cooperation between the two Armed Forces. He is also scheduled to meet the Commander-in-Chief of Israeli Navy, Commander of Israeli Air Force, Commander of Israeli Ground Forces and other MoD officials. In addition, the Admiral will be visiting Haifa Naval Base and other Israeli Air Force and Army establishments.
The visit by Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chairman COSC & CNS will further consolidate the Armed Forces Cooperation between the two countries. Source: Press Information Bureau, New Delhi
8. Formal Inauguration of New Chancery premises of Embassy of India, Amman, 4 June 2017
H.E. Amar Sinha, Secretary (Economic Relations and Development Partnership), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, (MEA) inaugurated the new Chancery building of the Embassy of India in Amman in the presence of H.E. Ms. Areej Al-Hawamdeh, Hon’ble Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates who represented Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan at the event.
Secretary (ER) unfurled the Indian National Flag at the Chancery which was followed by recitation of National Anthems of India and Jordan. Speaking at the event, Secretary (ER) congratulated Indians and friends of India in Jordan for the new Embassy of India Chancery and said that the new building symbolizes a new era in India-Jordan bilateral relations. He expressed his belief that Embassy would be able to be more productive and offer a higher standard of service to both Indians and friends of India in Jordan. H.E. Ms. Hawamdeh congratulated the Ambassador and Government of India for the brand-new facility and expressed her hope that this would give a further boost to India-Jordan bilateral relations.
Both the honoured guests, accompanied by Dr. B. Bala Bhaskar, Joint Secretary(WANA), MEA and Amb. Shubhdarshini Tripathi then cut the ceremonial ribbon and lit up the traditional lamp in the Chancery, after which Secretary (ER) declared the Chancery building open.
Members of Indian community attended the proud moment in large numbers. Members of Jordan India Friendship Society and other Jordanian friends and friends of Indian in Jordan also attended the event.
Embassy of India in Amman is now operating from its new address in Amman at 24, Al-Hidhab Street, Abdoun Amman. Source: Embassy of India, Amman
9. Indian Embassy to observe International Day of Yoga on Saturday, Kuwait, 17 June 2017
Embassy of India will be celebrating the 3rd International Day of Yoga (IDY-2017) at its premises in Diplomatic Enclave, Arabian Gulf Street, Daiyah Area, Safat 13015, on Saturday, 17 June 2017 from 0630 to 0830 hours. Members of prominent yoga institutions in Kuwait, such as Art of Living, Heartfulness, Harmony House, Sevadarshan and Amma Kuwait will be participating in the event. All yoga enthusiasts are cordially invited to attend the session. Source: Embassy of India, Amman
10. Paying homage to the Father of the Nation on the occasion of 3rd IDY celebration at INDBATT Hqs, Beirut, 21 June 2017
As a part of the celebrations organized by the Indian Battalion (INDBATT) in UNIFIL, with the cooperation and support of Embassy of India, Beirut and other partners, to celebrate the 3rd International Day of Yoga on 21 June 2017, a ceremony was held at Mahatma Gandhi Park in the vicinity of INDBATT Hqs. to pay homage to the Father of the Nation. Source: Embassy of India, Beirut
11. 3rd International Day of Yoga celebration in Byblos on 24 June 2017, 22 June 2017
2nd Public Celebration of 3rd International Day of Yoga organized by Embassy of India, Beirut in collaboration with several partners in Byblos on Saturday 24 June 2017 Source: Embassy of India, Beirut
12. Celebration of 3rd International Day of Yoga, Muscat, 21 June 2017
Embassy of India in Muscat celebrated the 3rd International Day of Yoga on 21 June 2017 in Oman. Yoga Sessions were held in Muscat as well as other key cities of Oman such as Sur, Sohar and Salalah. A Mega Yoga Session was held at Oman International Exhibition Centre, Muscat, in which approximately 5,000 persons including people of Oman, members of Indian community, members of other expatriate communities, Diplomatic Corps as well as students participated. It was for the first time in Oman that around 5,000 persons performed Yoga together under one roof.
2. Before the commencement of the Yoga Session, messages of Prime Minister and External Affairs Minister of India, given on the occasion of 3rd International Day of Yoga, were telecast. Further, two messages, in support of International Day of Yoga and to underline the need for people in Oman to practice Yoga regularly, from well-known Circuit Racer, Oman Racer Team, Ahmad Al Harthy, and renowned Singer Haitham Mohammed Rafi, was also telecast.
3. Reaffirming the support of the Government and people of Oman, H.E. Mohammed Yousuf Qasim Al Zarafi. Under Secretary for Administration & Finance Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, joined the Yoga Session as the Chief Guest. He conveyed the Government of Oman’s abiding support to all efforts aimed at promoting Yoga in Oman. Also present on this occasion was H.E. Amb. Sheikh Hilal Marhoon Salem Al Ma’amari, Director General, West Asia Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
4. The Embassy was assisted in organizing Mega Yoga Session by a number of Yoga Organizations working in Oman towards promoting Yoga. Further, various Linguistic Wings of Indian Social Club also made significant contributions to the success of the above event. A number of Indian enterprises contributed in making various logistical arrangements and provision of Yoga mats, T-shirts and refreshments. Oman International Exhibition Centre extended its full support to the Embassy in making logistical arrangements for the mammoth Yoga Session.
5. Further, Yoga Sessions to celebrate the 3rd International Day of Yoga were also organized in Salalah, Sur and Sohar. Together, in these events, over 500 persons participated. The numerous Yoga Sessions organized on 21st June 2017 were culmination of a series of Yoga sessions which were organized in run-up to the 3rd International Day of Yoga. They were organized by various Yoga organizations and Indian Schools in Oman, at their own initiative, in cooperation with the Embassy. In fact, many of these Yoga sessions were held in the multi-purpose Hall of the Embassy and at Embassy Lawns. With a view to provide encouragement to various Yoga organization in Oman to continue with their efforts to promote Yoga in Oman, Ambassador, Indra Mani Pandey, and other Officers of the Embassy participated in Yoga Sessions organized in run-up to the 3rd International Day of Yoga 2017.
7. It may be recalled that the United Nations had declared in December 2014, at the initiative of Prime Minister of India and with the support of all the member countries of the United Nations, 21st June as the International Day of Yoga. The UN General Assembly Resolution, adopted unanimously and co-sponsored by 177 member countries of the UN including Oman, has invited the member states to observe the International Day of Yoga, in an appropriate manners in accordance with the national priorities, in order to raise awareness of the benefits of practicing Yoga. The Government of India has taken the lead in celebrating the International Day of Yoga worldwide with a view to popularize Yoga, which is an ancient Indian tradition, among the people all over the world. In view of its health and spiritual benefits, Yoga has become popular in Oman and other countries of the world and it is seen as a holistic system, enabling the people to live healthier and happier lives. Indian Embassy in Muscat shall continue to work with all Yoga organizations, teachers, enthusiasts and practitioners to popularize Yoga among the people of Oman and expatriate communities living in Oman. Source: Embassy of India, Muscat
13. India's official statement following the recent developments related to Qatar, New Delhi, 10 June 2017
We are closely following the emerging situation in the Gulf region in the wake of the recent decision by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and some other countries to break diplomatic relations with the State of Qatar.
We are of the view that all parties should resolve their differences through a process of constructive dialogue and peaceful negotiations based on well-established international principles of mutual respect, sovereignty and non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries.
India believes that peace and security in the Gulf are of paramount importance for the continued progress and prosperity of the countries in the region. International terrorism, violent extremism and religious intolerance pose grave threat not only to regional stability but also to the global peace and order and must be confronted by all countries in a coordinated and comprehensive manner.
India has time-tested friendly relations with GCC countries. With over eight million Indian expatriates living and working in these countries, we have vital stakes in the regional peace and stability. In this context, Government is closely monitoring the situation and is also in regular contact with the regional countries. Their authorities have assured us continued support for welfare and well-being of the resident Indian communities.
Indian expatriates in the region are advised to contact the Indian Embassy or Consulate concerned should they require assistance or advise consequent to the developing situation. Source: Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
14. Visit of Amar Sinha, Secretary, MEA to Syria, New Delhi, 6 June 2017
Amar Sinha, Deputy Minister (Secretary) accompanied by Dr. B Bala Bhaskar, Director General (Joint Secretary) from Ministry of External Affairs visited Damascus, Syria on goodwill tour from 2-4- June 2017.
During the visit, Secretary Sinha held separate meetings with Syrian Prime Minister H E Imad Khamis, Presidential Political and Media Advisor H E Bouthaina Shaaban and Vice Foreign Minister H E Fayssal Mikdad. Secretary Sinha also paid a courtesy call on Grand Mufti of Syria, His Grace Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun and the Syrian Orthodox Church.
The Secretary was briefed about the latest developments in Syria. Syria conveyed its gratitude for India's principled stand on the Syrian crisis, and appreciated India's concerns and efforts in countering the menace of terrorism. PM Khamis invited Indian companies to Syria and benefit from their participation in the massive rebuilding process of the devastated Syrian infrastructure. Source: Embassy of India, Beirut
1 Crore = 10 million. Lakh = 100,000
Note: For Lok Sabha and Press Information Bureau the items can be searched by Date and Ministries concerned.
As part of the policy, the MEI@ND standardizes spellings and date format to make the text uniformly accessible and stylistically consistent. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views/positions of the MEI@ND. Editor, MEI@ND P R Kumaraswamy
POLITICAL ISSUES IRAN Amid rising trade tensions with US, India wants to extend Iran oil sanct.....
POLITICAL ISRAEL Israel offers unconditional help to India, Tuesday, 19 February 2019 Gove.....
POLITICAL EGYPT India-Egypt to have combined military exercise New Delhi, Monday, 21 Januar.....
POLITICAL ISSUES ISRAEL India Delays Missile Deal With Israel, Demands New Tests New Delhi,.....
POLITICAL ISSUES IRAN India, Iran have potential to strengthen ties in the current situation: .....
POLITICAL IRAQ Iraq wants India to help boost its education culture New Delhi, 5 October 20.....
POLITICAL EGYPT India, Egypt decide to boost defence cooperation New Delhi, Sunday, 23 Sept.....
IRAN Defence Minister of Iran meets Pakistan’s Minister for Defence Engineer Islamabad,.....
POLITICAL ISSUES EGYPT The Grand Mufti of Egypt visited Pakistan Islamabad, Thursday, 22 .....
POLITICAL ISSUES EGYPT Six arrested Pakistanis released by Egypt’s court Islamabad, .....
BILATERAL ISSUES IRAN 1. Nitin Gadkari represented India at the Inauguration Ceremony of .....
BILATERAL ISSUES IRAQ 1. Official visit of Foreign Minister of Republic of Iraq to India .....
BILATERAL ISSUES ISRAEL President of India’s Message on the Occasion of National.....
BILATERAL ISSUES EGYPT Bomb attacks in two Churches in Egypt, Cairo, 10 April 2017 .....